Free Printable Santa Letters

Get your ownย free printable Santa letters at Christmas Letter Tips.com.ย Select one of two free designs available as .pdf or .doc files, or choose one of our premium printable Santa letters with colorful backgrounds that you can print at home. You can use these professionally designed letters from Santa Claus for ALL the children in your family or use them over in coming years, but you only pay once! Never pay for another Santa letter again! These full-color Santa letters are available as easy-to-use Microsoft Word documents and come with your choice of three background images and multiple letter formats. We also offer Santa’s Nice List certificates that you can purchase separately or with a Santa letter template.

So now you have a choice – free printable Santa letters or professional, personalized Santa letters you can use year after year. You can also use our Santa sample letters to get ideas for creating your own letters that you can create and print on your own letterhead. Click an image below to get started and see available options for both our free Santa letters and premium Santa letter designs.

Free Santa Letters

free printable santa letters

Printable Santa Letters (Premium)

personalized printable santa letters

To open the free .pdf files, you will need Adobe Reader. To open the premium or free letters from Santa Claus, you’ll need Microsoft Word 97 or newer.

Capture Santa in your home

Be Sociable, Share!

36 comments for “Free Printable Santa Letters

1. Emily
    October 16, 2009 at 5:37 am

Why would you right out a letter for your child?
    If Santa Is real were not giving him a chance to speak up are we?
    You should just tell your children he make believe if that is what you believe!
    oh well

2. November 7, 2009 at 3:44 pm

http://www.thenaughtysanta.com – Write someone a naughty Christmas letter from Santa or Mrs. Claus.. also send them a naughty gift. Its a fun idea and cheap…

3. Heather
    November 13, 2009 at 7:43 pm

I think this is great. There is nothing like seeing a kids face when they receive a letter from santa. I love this type of thing. I really like the sites that include Jesus in the santa letters. Thats what christmas is all about. What a wonderful time of year.

4. November 19, 2009 at 9:01 am

I absolutely love these Santa letters! Wonderful Ideas broght to the Christmas holiday.

For those of you like Emily, that like to hurt a child’s spirit, crawl into a hole during the holidays, and let the rest of us enjoy the Holidays.

5. minzy
    December 1, 2009 at 3:35 am

can you please type some christmas letters for me so that i can i have ideas on how to write those.

i want to give it to someone special……my parents actually.

i’ll not copy those i promise.

i just really need it this time…

please…..christmas letters…asap

6. Crystal
    December 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I think these are so neat! My family has used letters from Santa for the past few years and the kids love them! It’s so special to get a letter just for you from Santa!

For those of you who think Emily wasn’t being very nice…I know some people who refuse to label any presents as “From Santa” because the dad says “I work too hard to let some imaginary person take the credit!” Absolutely ridiculous! Regardless of your personal beliefs, we should encourage other-worldly imagination in our children. They’ll learn soon enough that the majority of the world sucks, can’t they enjoy themselves while they’re little?

7. December 8, 2009 at 9:07 am

Emily – you need to learn how to spell and communication with proper grammer. That is exactly why it’s best to use this site otherwise your children would think Santa is illiterate. This is a fun and harmless tradition in our famiily. My parents sent letters from Santa and we do the same for our kids because their faces light up! What’s the harm in a little tradition provided you raise your children to embrace the true meaning of Christmas.

8. Penny
    December 10, 2009 at 8:14 am

Why not take the innocence and the believing in Santa away from the kids. Seems like most everything is being taken. The right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS, the right to sing holy songs(ex: silent night)in school or just the plain right to say “amen”. I truly believe all u negative people should just go bury urselves in a hole and come out when the “holy” holidays are done. Quit pushing ur negativity crap on others. Especially kids. It does not hurt one thing to put “from Santa” on a box. Let the lil ones believe and enjoy Christmas the right way

9. tich
    December 10, 2009 at 8:47 am

for the one that tells parents to tell their children hes only make belive would you like to break lots of childrens herats you horrid person you are for al you know your child or children might still belive keep your thoughte to your self

10. Kim
    December 15, 2009 at 12:14 am

Wow I think it is great! and poor Emily..so sad that you feel this way. You must not have children because if you did you would see the exctement in their eyes. I have a son that knows the truth about Santa but I never heard him yell at me for letting him believe in him. There isn’t much to believe in and be happy with nowadays so for that short time while they are little and innocent they have every right to be happy and believe in wonderful things such as Santa. My parents didn’t ruin it for me and I am glad because some of my fondest memories are setting out cookies and waiting to see what Santa was going to bring me and now I see that same amazement in my childrens eyes and I am happy because they are happy. Why be so negative? Christmas is a time of miracles and love. Plus Saint Nick was real. To everyone have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

11. Jill
    December 15, 2009 at 10:18 am

In regards to Emily.. don’t be such a b*tch. It’s for kids. How old are you? Just because you are probably over the age of believing, doesn’t mean kids can’t. If you don’t believe in it, then shut up and stop being such a scrooge. Grow up.

12. Kennedy
    December 18, 2009 at 8:10 am

I love these letters from ๐Ÿ˜‰ Santa (; I am the oldest and i was told recently last year and when my younger sibs saw there own letter from Santa they’re so thrilled. Great Idea.

13. Tiffany
    December 24, 2009 at 9:36 am

Hi, Im sorry I half to agree with Kim, I just had a baby recently and she’s going to be a year old in February, and Im still young my self. and i believe that the smile on her face will be a memorie to cherish forever when she wakes up on christmas, and i think that everyone should share christmas together!

14. Noel
    October 13, 2010 at 11:44 am

I wrote a letter last year for my 4 month old son, printed an envelope with santa’s address and our return address and even found a santa stamp to add to the envelope. I got the local post office to stamp the letter with the appropriate date and everything just so I can keep it as a souvenir. Then I wrote another letter to my son from Santa and printed an envelope as well and also got the post office to stamp that letter a couple of weeks later to make it look like Santa actually wrote back even though it took him a couple of weeks.

This year my son is gonna be 16 months old and I am most certainly going to be doing the same thing. I in fact have already started looking for templates and ideas, that is how I came across this site and these comments. I have no bad things to say about the negative comments on this page. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. I don’t belief in Santa since I was about 8 and the reason for that is because my brother was much older than me and he told me Santa didn’t exist so that night I got up to check when I heard something and there was my parents putting out our toys ๐Ÿ™ But my parents were clever to have made a note from SAnta saying he didn’t have time to place out the gifts so he woke my parents up to do it for him because he was running late to visit the rest of the world. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I still had my doubts even at 8 years old.

So with all that said, I think it is a great idea to do little things like this for the children. Even though my son is still a bit too young to understand the true meaning of Christmas(althought a bit over rated), I am willing to make his experience a memorable one. I am all about memories and keepsakes and I have saved every one since he was born. I even decorated a 3 foot tree for him last year with personalized 1st xmas ornaments from family and friends. It may sound a bit crazy or going overboard but if I were to have another child or two, I am certain I would keep on doing the same thing.

Best wishes to you all, and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, even though it only October. So in that case, have a Happy Halloween as well ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Jessica
    November 21, 2010 at 12:49 pm

i’am the oldest of my family and seeing my younger siblings face light up seeing a letter from santa is so WONDERFUL !!!

16. Denise
    November 23, 2010 at 7:28 pm

When my children asked about santa I had them read in the encyclopedia about the real Saint Nicholas, yes he is real and there. ๐Ÿ™‚ They have always known the Christian story. They are now 22, 18, and 15; although they know the truth, they still get excited about “Christmas” and “Santa Claus”. I love how they still have the truth about Christmas and still are excited as when they were small kids. I hope they carry this on to their children. BTW the 22 yr old has known since she was 5, it did not ruin her Christmas. They all believe, and so do I. Hope everyone has a joyful Christmas, and keep making wonderful memories. Merry Christmas Everyone!

17. Lini
    November 30, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I have been sending out letters from Santa for years. I started with the free printed ones, now I write each letter personal to each child. Maybe one would say I have way to much free time… No, I really do not. I just love getting calls from the little ones that usually start with ….. Guess what!!! I got a letter from Santa Claus…. Happy Holidays all…

18. Elaine
    December 3, 2010 at 7:28 am

Children need to learn to believe the little lies like santa, tooth fairy etc so that later in life they can learn to believe the big lies like justice and freedom!
    ….(The Hogfather by Terry Prattchet)….

19. Mel
    December 4, 2010 at 7:06 am

Hi Heather,
    just a note to educate you that the festival of Yule (now commonly called Christmas) has nothing to do with Jesus. Google it.
    Regards!
    Mel

20. December 16, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I am almost the youngest one in my family but it feels good to be sometimes I wake up early on christmas day and open the preasents i love christmas

21. Emma
    November 13, 2011 at 10:04 am

I think kids should most definitely get letters from santa.I am a middle child who is 11 and I found out a while ago.I have a little brother,and he absolutely LOVES getting those letters.
    P.S. Emily,Don’t be such a negative person,I’m not going to sit here and swear at you,but really,you should have at least half a heart.

22. Jason
    November 19, 2011 at 8:23 am

Those of you who choose to inform your children that Santa is not real can do so all you like, but for those of us who want our children to enjoy the Holiday, it’s our right and choice! To suggest that we do as you do is quite ridiculous. We don’t tell you what to do, so we expect the same in return. I myself will enjoy the happiness my children get from seeing and believing in Santa!

23. scott
    November 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

i wrote christmas letters from santa to my two grandsons last year and they loved them, my youngest grandson had his mum read him is letter every night even after christmas day. what i would like to now though, as i struggle with what to search for, is where to find a site where i can get just the background paper with festive images on as i like to write my own little adventure into them. i dont mind creating it myself but then i just end up with border type images. so any advice would be great thanks and merry christmas everyone

24. November 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hi Scott,
    The premium Santa letter templates we offer here can be edited to include any content you like, so if you enjoy the designs, you might consider getting one to write your own story. The Word documents already include the designs and have text boxes set up for you to write. All you need to do is type over the existing content, just like you would do when editing any Word document.

But if you’re looking to do it completely from scratch, try one of the stock image sites like BigStockPhoto.com. They have millions of photos and images to choose from. You could also try our partner, Letters to Kids from Santa.com. They have an option that lets you write your own text on their background and print it out as a pdf.

25. November 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

santa is not real nither is tooth fairy or birthday man back to reality people there is no such thng as sleighs!!!!! and why would santa have our names and friends in a stupid book i mean there is over 10000000 children in the entire world its only sad jobless guys who put on a fake beird and pretend to be santa if you think he’s real then get evidence and post it :p

26. Lyndsey Holland
    December 1, 2011 at 6:09 am

I think it’s a great idea… My kids love Christmas and I’m a big kid myself, so will be posting Santa letters to me and my Fiancee too… To Emily… If you do not believe in Christmas and Santa, why are you on this website and posting a comment on it??… Bah Humbug to u! Maybe you’ll be lucky to even get a present!

27. Alison
    December 3, 2011 at 2:26 am

To all of you that keep hating on ‘Emily’ that isn’t fair she can believe what she wants to. I sort of agree. When I was a kid my parents, never, ever sent me letters from ‘Santa’ but somehow the cookies, carrot and Brandy was gone. I used to be convinced that my parents had eaten and drank the stuff. On night I stayed up and my parents never opened their bedroom door. who knows…. maybe ‘Emily’ is right.

28. jen
    December 3, 2011 at 10:27 am

I have two little nephews that I love a bunch. My kids are older, 18, 19 and twin boys that are 14. I plan on writing a letter from Santa to my two little nephews and mailing it to them at my parents house where they live with their mom. I can already see it when I go to visit, the youngest one is 4 and has just finally started talking to me when I walk through the door instead of running and hiding under the table. I can hear him now, “Auntie Jen, Santa wrote me a letter! Want to see it!” He already read me a pumpking paper book for halloween. It’s going to be so nice and touching to see their faces and brag about their letter from Santa. My kids are at the age they don’t believe anymore, but you know what, they still get presents from Santa! lol

29. St. Nick
    December 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Thank you to those of you who had such nice things to say about me. My number one goal is and always has been to put that special sparkle in a childs eyes. As long as you beleive, then i will have succeeded in making so many children happy, and as long as that occures, then that sparkle will never dim! “MERRY CHRISTMAS” and God Bless. S.C.

30. iza
    December 21, 2011 at 12:40 am

I want a coca cola and cat food – kitekat

31. Callum's Mummy
    December 22, 2011 at 4:15 am

This has turned into a b*tch Fest. you are all forgetting that Christmas is a time to come together and enjoy spending time with your nearest and dearest. Children who beleive in Santa Clause do not regret beleiving when they are older and know the truth but it just leaves them with Beautiful memories that they will no doubt pass on to thier children and carry out the same traditions. My son is 8 years old and still believes. even more so that he had his very own video call all the way from the north pole from Santa Himself! Grow up and stop being do pathetic. Bahh Humbug, shame on you!

32. Callum's Mummy
    December 22, 2011 at 4:17 am

prtable north pole! what an amazing FREE experience for your children. Try it, it brought tears to mine and my husbands eyes.
    Merry Christmas to all of you ! xx (even the Humbugs xx)

33. rgirl
    December 24, 2011 at 12:52 am

Wait. Santa’s not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!